Xenics is a pioneer of path-breaking infrared technology with a proven track record of more than 20 years. Xenics designs and markets infrared detectors, cores, and cameras of best-in-class image quality to support innovative R&D, industrial automation, machine vision, process control and high-end security applications. The company offers a complete portfolio of line-scan and area-scan products with a global sales network.
To ensure our technology remains state of the art, we are looking for a new FPGA Development Engineer. As an FPGA Development Engineer, you will be involved in the R&D of new high performance smart infrared systems that will be used in a large variety of night vision and thermal imaging applications. Because the performance and complexity of these systems is constantly evolving, future designs require smart solutions, inventive implementation of intelligent algorithms and user features.
This includes the following tasks:
- Specify, design, implement, test, document, and maintain library components.
- Interface the FPGA with ADC, DAC, memory devices and infrared detectors.
- Simulate components with testbenches.
- Test and debug on hardware level with measuring equipment.
- Study and implement communication protocols and image processing algorithms for cameras.
- Play a key role in the communication between the hardware engineers and higher-level software engineers.
- Master of Engineering in electronics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in VHDL programming and with EDA tools.
- Being familiar with any of the following concepts is a major asset: SDRAM and flash memories, industrial camera interface standards, image processing.
- Experience with Xilinx or Microsemi chips is an advantage.
- C programming on embedded microcontroller is an asset.
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented, quick study, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, fluent in English.
Embrace a big future with us!
Work with a dynamic team in a high-tech company full of challenges and opportunities ahead. Our flexible working environment will give you many opportunities to take initiatives and responsibilities.
Click here to download Job Description.