Xenics is a pioneer of path-breaking infrared technology with a proven track record of more than 20 years. Xenics designs and markets infrared detectors, cores, and cameras of best-in-class image quality to support innovative R&D, industrial automation, machine vision, process control and high-end security applications. The company offers a complete portfolio of line-scan and area-scan products with a global sales network.
As an FPGA Development Engineer, you will be involved in the R&D of new high performance smart infrared systems that will be used in a large variety of night vision and thermal imaging applications. Because the performance and complexity of these systems are constantly evolving, future designs require smart solutions, inventive implementation of intelligent algorithms and user features. You will be working at our Headquarters, Belgium.
- Specify, design, implement, test, document, and maintain library components
- Interface the FPGA with ADC, DAC, memory devices and infrared detectors
- Simulate components with testbenches
- Test and debug on hardware level with measuring equipment
- Study and implement communication protocols and image processing algorithms for cameras
- Play a key role in the communication between the hardware engineers and higher-level software engineers
- Master’s degree in Engineering in Electronics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in VHDL programming and with EDA tools
- Being familiar with any of the following concepts is a major asset: SDRAM and flash memories, industrial camera interface standards, image processing
- Experience with Xilinx or Microsemi chips is an advantage
- C programming on embedded microcontroller is an asset
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, quick study, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities
- Strong team player
- Fluency in English is a must
- An attractive salary package in line with your skills and experiences
- A stimulating and pleasant working environment with regular team activities
- A financial healthy company with growth potential
- Possibility to continuous learning and growing through in-house and external trainings
- International relocation will be supported
Embrace a big future with us!
- Work with a dynamic team in a high-tech company full of challenges and opportunities ahead
- Our flexible working environment will give you many opportunities to take initiatives and responsibilities
Click here to download Job Description.