Xenics (by Photonis Group) designs, manufactures and markets high-tech infrared detectors and cameras. With headquarters in Leuven, a cleanroom in Tienen and subsidiaries in Singapore and North America, Xenics is an important partner for companies active in science, industry, security, defence, aerospace, medical, R&D, and more.
Since the end of 2022, Xenics has been part of the French Photonis Group. With more than 1.000 employees at five locations in Europe and the US, Photonis Group is a world leader in highly differentiated technology in photodetection and imaging. Photonis Group is internationally recognized as a major innovator in optoelectronics.
By joining forces, Xenics and Photonis Group will strengthen their position in infrared imaging markets and become leaders in advanced imaging in high-end markets.
To help guide this growth, Xenics( by Photonis Group) is looking for a Direct Purchaser for the electronics category. A new and exciting role in which you will have the opportunity to analyse and shape the entire portfolio and procurement process worldwide.
As a Strategic Purchaser, you are end-to-end responsible for the performance of your own Category, consisting of Electronic Components, Semi Conductors, Sensors and PSU, for both Xenics and Photonis Group. The focus is mainly on low volume, high mix.
Your range of tasks:
- You build the further vision, development and implementation of the procurement strategy. You manage your portfolio of suppliers and worldwide you search for potential new suppliers and partners.
- You benchmark and negotiate with suppliers, write tenders, develop strategic and sustainable alliances and conclude long-term contracts. Most of your suppliers you will meet in the production sites but occasionally you will also travel to visit them.
- Furthermore, you optimize procurement flows and establish internal procurement procedures.
- You actively seek cost improvement and you also keep a constant eye on trends and innovations.
- As a Purchaser, you have a lot of responsibility and independence, and at the same time you are in constant contact with many stakeholders. Networking and relationship building are key in your job.
- Headquarters are in Leuven, but you will regularly travel to the various production sites within the group. At these sites, you are an important sparring partner for colleagues from Production/R&D/Quality. As a team, you succeed in bringing high-quality high-tech products into the market. You will report to the Purchase Director In France, with whom you will meet regularly.
- You have an academic background combined with at least 5 years of experience in procurement processes and Supply Chain, ideally in a technical or electronics environment.
- In addition, you have sufficient business acumen and strategic insight into international purchasing. You know how to streamline and optimise processes easily.
- You are a strong communicator and negotiator in a low volume, high mix environment. You easily gain trust and know how to build sustainable partnerships.
- You are analytically strong and work with great precision. You take care to keep costs as optimal as possible.
- People know you as an intelligent person with an alert mind and a “can-do” mentality. You get energy from strategically shaping “the bigger picture”, but you are also able to grasp the details and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Given the highly international setting, you are fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages is, of course, a plus.
- As a Direct Purchaser, you will have a leading role in a high-technology environment, with high ambitions to grow and to invest.
- A work environment where you can generate real impact.
- You will join an entrepreneurial and financially healthy company.
- A lot of variety and challenge within a constantly changing international environment.
- A full-time job and a competitive salary package.
Embrace a big future with us!
- Work with a dynamic team in a high-tech company full of challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Our flexible working environment will give you many opportunities to take initiatives and responsibilities.
Click here to download Job Description.