Xenics is a pioneer of path-breaking infrared technology with a proven track record of more than 20 years. Xenics designs and markets infrared detectors, cores, and cameras of best-in-class image quality to support innovative R&D, industrial automation, machine vision, process control and high-end security applications. The company offers a complete portfolio of line-scan and area-scan products with a global sales network.
To strengthen and expand our camera development expertise, we are looking for new colleagues for our Test & Measurement group. As a Test and Characterization Engineer you will be involved in all engineering activities throughout our products’ entire lifecycle, to help ensure we create the highest quality of product in the most efficient manner possible. You will work in close collaboration with your colleagues in the other engineering groups, as well as the camera production, sensor device production and sales departments.
A good Test and Characterization Engineer has a broad multi-disciplinary skillset, but also has their own areas of expertise in which they can take a leading role. We are currently looking for someone to improve our capabilities in verifying camera mechanical parts and optics, and to help maintain our mechanical parts library.
- Design and execute tests, inspections, and verifications of IR equipment
- Perform analysis of measurement data, document the results and present to the different stakeholders
- Test for optical performance, electrical signal integrity, thermal analysis, firmware debugging and more
- Take a lead role in reviewing and documenting mechanical designs
- Become a point of contact for external partners and suppliers
- Be instrumental in building up know-how and intellectual property by performing internal R&D programs
- Verify design specifications and help optimize performance, from the initial design to the final released product
- Support and improve our product quality by proposing and implementing improvements to acceptance testing, camera calibration and yield optimization
- Analyze customer requests and complaints and assist the sales team with technical issues and challenges
- Master in Mechanics or Electro-Mechanics, or equivalent by experience
- Experience in R&D, hands-on experimentation/testing, or prior IR experience is a plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and CAD tools such as Solid Edge is an asset
- Team player who is motivated, poised with initiative and eager to learn
- Problem-solving attitude, a critical mindset and a meticulous eye for detail are also a must for this job
- You will work in an international and multi-disciplinary team, so good communication skills and strong knowledge of English is required
- An attractive salary package in line with your skills and experiences
- A stimulating and pleasant working environment with regular team activities
- A financially healthy company with growth potential
- Possibility to continuously learn and grow through in-house and external training
- International relocation will be supported
Embrace a big future with us!
- Work with a dynamic team in a high-tech company full of challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Our flexible working environment will give you many opportunities to take initiatives and responsibilities.
Click here to download Job Description.