Xenics is a pioneer of path-breaking infrared technology with a proven track record of more than 20 years. Xenics designs and markets infrared detectors, cores, and cameras of best-in-class image quality to support innovative R&D, industrial automation, machine vision, process control and high-end security applications. The company offers a complete portfolio of line-scan and area-scan products with a global sales network.
As a Test & Characterization Engineer, you will be involved in all engineering activities throughout our products’ entire lifecycle, to help ensure we create the highest quality of product in the most efficient manner possible. You will collaborate with other engineering groups, as well as the camera production, sensor device production and sales departments. You will be working at our Headquarters, Belgium.
- Design and execute tests, inspections, and verifications of IR equipment
- Perform analysis of measurement data, document the results and present to the different stakeholders
- Test for optical performance, electrical signal integrity, thermal analysis, firmware debugging and more
- Take a lead role in reviewing and documenting mechanical designs
- Maintaining mechanical part library
- Become a point of contact for external partners and suppliers
- Be instrumental in building up know-how and intellectual property by performing internal R&D programs
- Verify design specifications and help optimize performance, from the initial design to the final released product
- Support and improve our product quality by proposing and implementing improvements to acceptance testing, camera calibration and yield optimization
- Analyze customer requests and complaints and assist the sales team with technical issues and challenges
- Master in Mechanics or Electro-Mechanics, or equivalent by experience
- Experience in R&D, hands-on experimentation/testing, or prior infrared experience is a plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and CAD tools such as Solid Edge is an asset
- Team player who is motivated, poised with initiative and eager to learn
- Problem-solving attitude, a critical mindset and meticulous are a must
- Good communication skills and strong knowledge of English is required
- An attractive salary package in line with your skills and experiences
- A stimulating and pleasant working environment with regular team activities
- A financial healthy company with growth potential
- Possibility to continuous learning and growing through in-house and external trainings
- International relocation will be supported
Embrace a big future with us!
- Work with a dynamic team in a high-tech company full of challenges and opportunities ahead
- Our flexible working environment will give you many opportunities to take initiatives and responsibilities
Click here to download Job Description.